Thursday, October 28, 2004

lunar eclipse & squirrels + fire

I saw the eclipse last night - really cool. I was doing some work on my costume and had to go in and outside several times. Each time I went out, I could see more of the progress, until it was finally gone. Couldn't stay up for the whole thing, but I found some pictures on the web that show it in all it's glory. Makes a person feel a little small when you think about the grand forces and mathematics of the planetary movements.

Had a weird thought yesterday about squirrels. They seem so focused and busy, especially this time of the year. Wonder what would happen if we could teach them to use fire? If awareness and knowledge could be given to these so called tree-rats? For one thing, I think the neighborhood cats would be in deep shit. I don't think it would take long for squirels to become militant and agressive. After all, they've been low mamals on the totem pole for a long time - payback would be a bitch. With this in mind, I plan on feeding the squirrels all winter. To stay on their good side. Just in case...

No comments: