Friday, October 08, 2004

italian dinner and friendly conversation

Went out to dinner last night with my buddy Scott - did a little catching up and just hung out. I think we were at the resturant for about 3 hours or so - it had been a while since we'd had a chance to talk.

Earlier in the day, I'd listened to a message on the machine from my room-mate's ex-wife. She started off by saying - "I'm sorry, Anthony. This message isn't for you at all." And then she launches into a tirad against my room-mate and his girlfriend. Foul language, insults, and a threat of ass-kicking were all doled out. Delightful. I left a note on the message board by the door - "Message from lunatic on machine"

So, when I got home from dinner, I talked to them about the message and there was much head shaking at the ex-wife's continued maddness. It was a friendly conversation - totally normal.

His girlfriend has been making a big deal out of packing and as far as I know, things are on schedule. But I'm still wondering about the rent check and the deadlines I've set for them. I'm feeling more and more that the apoligy was a set up. Since I'm not really good at exploding into anger, which I suspect I'll have to do in the near future - I'm keeping the fires stoked in the back of my head. Just in case.

In more funner news - I finally finished my sword. This one I'm keeping for myself and I've got it displayed on my sword rack in my room. Totally differnt style than the rest of the swords, it fits because the other swords are all differnt styles. And the best part - the sound it makes when you swing it - reminds me of a lightsaber.

Yep, I rock. Should have been a blacksmith.

Back to work...

No comments: