Wednesday, October 06, 2004

dream of a catalyst

A few nights ago, I dreamed that me and my team of crack researchers had discovered a sub-atomic particle that was the ultimate catalyst. Can't remember what we decided to call it, but in normal quantities, it was the "thing" that allowed change. Without it, everything would stay the same. No chemical reactions, no biological processes, no growth...nothing.

In concentration, it became a destroyer. Acting like a super anti-matter, this substance could distant anything. With no release of energy and nothing left over. My team was trying to figure out what to do with this when I woke up.


In other news... went to home depot last night to try and get costume ideas - not much luck. I could end up as a giant robot like Gort or something, but I'm pretty sure it would be lame.

Wandered up and down every aisle last night, realizing that my muse had left me. I pictured her, hiding under a table, maybe crying a little. She's come out a few times to look at the sword I've been working on (two coats of sealant last night), but she hasn't had any comment. I may have to sit her down and have a good long talk with her - explain that I'm not mad at her and I'm sorry if she took it that way. Hope that works, 'cause without my muse I'm hurting for a costume.

Note to the idiots out there - I'm speaking metaphorically. I do not have a female art student locked in my house, hiding under my table. Sheesh, you people are clueless. Go read a book or something.

Back to work...

No comments: