Friday, October 01, 2004

a thank you note

I got a really nice thank you email this morning from one of my users. Those are somewhat rare around here, it was cool to recognized, even though I didn't really do much.

In room-mate news (which, I'm sure, Faithful reader, you're getting just as sick of as I am), I had a pleasant conversation with he and his girlfriend last night. Mostly talking about how the dogs were disappointed with me that I fried up some spam and didn't give them any. She was a little puzzled that I didn't, but I said I didn't want to know what it would do to them. Lulu is already a total gas machine and her farts have driven me out of the house before.

That was about it. Another White Elephant. A huge thing right smack dab in the middle of the room that was don't talk about. He wants out. I want him out. We don't talk about, instead we talk about the dogs.

Sheesh.

Should be another busy day - waiting to hear back from some users about stuff that has to launch Tuesday morning. And I really don't want to be here late on Monday to get all the last minute stuff done. It shouldn't be last minute - none is real complicated, they just haven't gotten the info to me.

Oh, in the news of the weird. I went over to a department yesterday to do some training. They were like "Okay, let's go back to so and so's office - you're not allergic to dogs, are you?"
I said I wasn't.
"Good, cause we're puppy sitting today"

Sure enough, they had three puppies in a laundry basket sleeping. And one puppy sitting in one of my student's laps. The puppy kept whining every so often. It was really odd. Like a juggling clown in the middle of the NY stock exchange. Something really out of place, you know. Though, some would say everyone in the NY stock exchange are juggling clowns, I'm talking about a clown in full makeup and costume.

We got through it, then I had to hold the puppy while my student logged in to test out the account.

Weird.

Okay, enough of that. Back to work...

No comments: