Monday, October 11, 2004

just plain stupid

All weekend long, my room-mate kept telling me that he hadn't forgotten about me - that he was going to pay the rest of the rent he owned me on Sunday. So, on Sunday, he gives me $45 dollars, saying he'll give me another $5 later. I just looked at him, then told him I thought it was supposed to $600 total, of which the $45(50) only brings it up to $300. He told me there must have been a miscommucation. He apparently thought I only wanted him to pay for 1 of the months he owes me, instead of both. He said he gets paid on Friday. Simple mistake, I'm sure.

My ass. Just another "1984" style re-write of his mental history. And this on the heels of the Big Apoligy.

This is the last week for that nonsense. I left a note for him to call me today so we can go over some last details for Thursday. I'm going to contact the landlord to get the locks changed on Friday. I've got one little glimmer of hope left, but I'm pretty sure anyway that he's going to be an ass.

For the record, if the situations were reversed, I would have been out of there by September 5th.

In other news... Got home from dinner on Saturday, with plans for movie watching and a hot cup of tea. Unfortuantly, those plans were put on hold for a bit, since my first step into the apartment was right into dog-crap. Yep, a whole heaping, steaming pile of it. The dogs were banished to the basement for the duration of the clean-up - took us a while. Carpet, shoes - and as an added bonus, a puddle of dog piss at the top of the stairs. Number one reason I don't have a pet. Put me in a really bad mood for the rest of the evening. My room-mate's girlfriend was apoligetic, but not nearly enough so. She took the dogs out for a walk as soon as we explained what had happened - which is a nice gesture, but clearly too late. The dogs may be mad at me - since I yell at them when they try to come in my room. Good thing I keep my door closed.

And so this doesn't end up an entirely bad blog, I've got some good news. I finally figured out what I'm wearing for my Halloween costume. Not scary this time, but it should be cool. And it shouldn't be too complicated to set up - though I'm still short on time. I won't say more about it - I want it to be a surprise, but it should be cool.

Back to work...

No comments: