Monday, October 25, 2004

rubber-neckers should be decapitated

So, I'm headed south on Friday, making my way toward Canton. We're all going along just fine, when suddenly, everyone slams on their brakes. And I mean slam, none of this "coasting" to a stop. I nearly spilled my soda.

And then it's stop and go for about 7 miles. Mostly stop.

When we finally get up to the reason for the slow down - I nearly set the dashboard on fire with my swearing.

There was an accident. On the other side of the road. All the cars were pulled off to the side. No one was hurt.

So, since this had nothing to do with our side of the road, why was traffic slowed to a stop? Rubbernecking. That great american past-time where we all hope to see someone else's misfortune. And if there's a body, so much the better.

Okay, all you sick bastards out there - find something else to do. The first fools who slowed down nearly caused a whole slew of accidents behind them. Pointless, stupid and cruel.

There. I feel a little better.

Back to work...


No comments: