Tuesday, October 07, 2008

sign, pants

I decided not to take down the signs for McCain/Palin for a variety of reasons. Most importantly, it would defeat the purpose of a free election - that we are all entitled to our opinions and ideas and allowed to vote for whomever we choose. No matter how wrong that choice might be. Plus, the signs are essentially meaningless - I mean, does the presence of a sign in someone's yard influence another person's vote? It's the yard-based equivalent of a bumper sticker, except that most people take down the signs after the election. I still see bumper stickers for Bush/Cheney on cars all the time.

I've been listening to a song called - "I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning" by Aimee Allen. It's a good tune and I can relate to it - especially this morning. I overslept and woke up tired anyway. While getting dressed, I for some reason started with my shirt. After exhaustively doing up all the buttons, I looked at my pants laying on the bed and contemplated the zipper, button, and belt - and half-seriously wondered if I could skip the pants today since it seemed like far too much work. Rational thought won out - as it usually does with me - and I put on my pants.

Dunno what's up with me - but I think I could use some coffee or something...

Later...

No comments: