Wednesday, October 08, 2008

RF, debate, music

Well, I replaced the RF Modulator on my video game/TV set up - thinking it would fix the problem with the screen going blank while playing a game and then randomly coming back up either on it's own or after I jiggled the wires. It worked, for about a minute, before the problem returned. I tried a couple more things, then plugged the cable right from the wall into the TV. This failed - leading me to believe the TV is going bad. Then it started working - and refused to fail after that.

I have the computer set up opposite the TV and while playing a computer game I was able to watch the screen with a carefully placed reflective CD. I had the sound turned down so I didn't actually have to pay attention.

The reason? The debate was on last night. And if it wasnt' the debate, it was the endless and truly vile political commercials. I'm to the point where, unless they have authenticated footage of a candidate eating a baby, I'm really not going to be moved to change any of my political decisions. I'm amazed when I see the polls that a lot of people are still on the fence about the big election. Weird.

So, once I was done with my testing for the evening, I switched to the room with the better stereo and listened to the cable tv music stations and worked on a project. Far better than the debate.

that's it for now... later...

No comments: