Sunday, October 19, 2008

happening, costume, true, game

I watched "the happening" last night. Mark Walberg... not a great actor. The movie was okay, but a little heavy handed at times. And the ending was a little predictable and a little flat. The effects were okay, so overall it was an okay movie.

Worked on my costume today - made some good progress. I'm helping my room-mate with his costume as well, we got some of the supplies today.

Reading a bit more of a book called "True Enough - Living in a Post Fact Society" - a study on media and information and how pretty much everything gets distorted. Very appropriate for an election time. I'm getting really tired of the ads on TV and the endless signs posted everywhere.

My video game set-up has taken a turn for the worse. The TV is no longer reliable and the picture keeps cutting out on the "more off" side of randomly on and off. And now it seems that the stereo has bought the farm as well. Not sure what my next step is here - I'm considering splurging and getting a new TV and a PS3 all at once. Not very likely for me though.

That's it for now - time for another coat of paint. later...

No comments: