Monday, November 08, 2004

on hold with Ohio Taxation

Got a notice that I failed to pay my School District Tax for 2001 - for the district that my parents live in from 2001. I've never lived there and I'm guessing it's just a clerical error. The problem is that I got this same notice several months ago and replied to it as indicated. And now I've got the same notice again, this time with a threat of an additional $500 fine.

So, I'm on the phone with them now - on hold.

Okay, talking to Shawn now - seems like an okay guy. Fingers crossed.

Apparently, the previous notice was for 2000, so this is a new one. And it appears that the wrong school district was associated with my address. Shawn made some updates and it looks like I'm okay. He also cautioned me to avoid using the preprinted address label in the future, since it may have been the source of the problem. Great.

So, that's all cleared up. I'll proably still get a warning for 2002 and 2003 at some point, but at least I know what the problem is and can address it.

Well, back to work...

No comments: