Tuesday, November 23, 2004

holiday stress - bad dream - futon news

I'm liking the holidays a little less as I get older. There's so much stress involved in travel plans - it makes me cranky. All the hoopla and commercialized good cheer - it just feels so fake. And if you aren't on the bandwagon, then you're a scrooge. That poor guy got such a bad rap. Yeah, he wasn't the nicest guy, but really he just wanted to be left alone.

Okay, so, I'm not that bad. But my idea of a peaceful holiday is a hot cup of coco and some light and quiet christmas music. Not traipsing all over creation for the inevitable 5 minutes of catching up with relatives you haven't seen in eons and then trying to figure out how to fill the rest of the time before you can leave and get on with your lives.

I think that people don't get it. I really don't like to travel. Really really. It's one of the reasons I have so much vacation time built up.

I'm going to try and avoid as much of the travel as I can this year. Call me a hermit, call me a scrooge and I say to you... Bah, humbug!

Had a bad dream last night - I was a cop (or at least working with cops), trying to solve a murder. We had just figured out the connection to another murder and realized a pattern - and who the next person would be. We raced to the diner where we expeted to find the next victim, but discovered the guy still alive and on the run from a giant monster covered in blades. It was slow moving, so he was holding his own - but it didn't tire. I, apparently, was also a target on the monster's list, so I could confuse it a little bit since it was supposed to go in order. The two of us ran around the diner while the rest of the cops tried to figure out how to stop it since bullets didn't even faze it.

Re: the Futon - customer service was anything but. Cold, unapoligetic - the person who finally got to me after some of the most painful hold music on record simply asked for my name and address. She said they would ship it out and it would arrive in 2-5 business days. I asked about overnight and she said they don't do that. I got off the phone still pissed, but thwarted by the lack of emotion. Even a simple - "sorry we screwed up" would be enough to assuage me, but instead they just didn't care. Maybe I should have suggested they call me the next time they have a computer problem - and then they'll see how customer should be done.

Back to work...

No comments: