Wednesday, November 17, 2004

dizzy and dreams and Radio Shack

Had a weird dream (aren't they all?) last night. My room-mate and his boys came back and simply wouldn't leave. I finally had to get out my sword and grabbed the phone for a 911 call before they would budge. Not sure what triggered this dream, though it may have been the call from his mom. She called last evening and asked if I would come over to her place and put plastic on her windows. Not sure why she called me about this and not her son, though it could be because I'm more reliable.

So, I'll go over there on Thursday and put up the plastic. A minor good deed, should only take an hour or so. I've got no quarrel with her and I do like to help people. Plus, I couldn't come up with an excuse to get myself out of it quickly enough. :)

Got an extra set of A/V cables last evening and a switcher - now I can go from Playstation to DVD in one click of a button. Excellent!

The trip to radio shack was not good, however. Went in there and found a section of A/V cables - the very expensive kind. We were looking through the chart on prices and models of switches when the sales girl came over and asked if we needed help. I said "No, I think we're in the right section"
To which she replied, "Good, cause I'm new here and I don't know anything about these, but I'm supposed to ask anyway"

She then wandered off. The switcher was what I needed, but I was looking for cheaper cables. So, we found her again and asked if they had any other cables. I was just hoping for a differnt section to be pointed out to us. She said she didn't know, but she's go ask. She disappeared into the backroom and we kept looking around by ourselves - ultimately finding the cables I needed at a reasonable price. By the time she emerges from the backroom, we've already gotten the cables in hand and I'm ready to checkout. She has trouble with the cash register, answers the phone in the middle of the transaction making me wait, and then hands me the receipt but nearly tries to keep the bag. She apoligised and said she was a little scatterbrained. I'm thinking "A little?" - but keep it to myself to facilitate getting the heck out of there.

Apparently, she was too new to have watched the video "Customer Service and You! How not to screw up when dealing with people"

Oh, and in an unrelated note - I've been dizzy for a while now. Started last evening, mildly dizzy like when you get up too fast. Except it didn't go away. I was a little dizzy when I went to bed and a little dizzy when I got up to take a shower this morning. It's not affecting my movements or focus, but it just feels a little odd. If it keeps up, I'll go get it checked out.

Well, back to work...

No comments: