Monday, June 01, 2009

weekend

Went to Olive Garden on Friday for dinner - not really impressed.   The calimari appitizer was underdone and the pizza was rather mediocre.   They did take the calimari off the bill, but even with that I just wasn't impressed.   Think I'm going to avoid that one for a while.

I went to the final soccer game of the season for my FRM's son.  As usual, I drove FRM's mom to the match and hung out with her and the little dude's mom.   (one day I really need to map out their family tree).    FRM's mom seems to have reconciled with he and his new wife - I think partly because of their new baby girl.   Which is good - since FRM's mom wasn't on speaking terms with the rest of the family and it may any encounters very tense.  The little dudes and dudettes won the match 2-1 - so, very exciting times.

I got a little sun in the afternoon and took a trip to Lowe's for some 2 ft square concrete slabs so we can set the grill off the patio in the back.   They were heavy and since my room-mate is headed for spine surgery soon, I was the designated lifter of  heavy things.    I also bought some dumbells while I was out - it's way past time that I started lifting again, even if it's just to tone up a bit.   I also need to work on my abs - so, it's literally crunch time.

On Sunday, my room-mate's second cousin and her husband stopped by in the evening for a visit on their way to Falling Rock.  It was a surprise visit in that my room-mate had forgottent they were coming until they called in the morning.   We did a rush job of cleaning to get the place ready and had a nice dinner and evening.   I taught them some origami too.

This morning I woke up with a headache and despite a brief respite during the walk up to starbucks, it's been pretty persistant.  I think it's the lighting in here.  I took an excedrine and we'll see how that goes.  

Two meetings today - one at eleven (pushing back my swim) and another at one (rushing my lunch).  Looks like I'll be swimming late this afternoon.

So, not a bad weekend, but something of a rough Monday already.  Better get back to work.

later...

No comments: