Friday, June 05, 2009

mario, crowd

I played some super paper mario last night - the Pitt of 100 Trials. Essentially, 100 levels of enemies to fight. Some rooms I cleared in 20-40 seconds, others took as long as a couple of minutes. In the very last level, I fought a huge dragon and at a crucial moment I meant to hit the button to open my menu and use a health item - and instead I hit the button to jump and smashed into an enemy on the dragon's back.

And died.

Game over.

I turned off the Wii and the television and went outside to read a book. Stupid game.

I hit the pool today for my swim and as I walked in I realized that the pool was busy - there must have been about 40 kids in there for some event. And they were also in the lap lanes.

I approached the life guard to ask if they had the whole pool reserved, but before I got the word out, she asked if I was going to do lap swimming. I said I was and she said she'd clear them out of the lap lane. And she did.

Yea!

So, I had a lane to myself and got in my laps. No records set, but it still felt good.

It's been a rough week here at work and I'm looking forward to getting out of here and getting some sunshine. And it's Friday, so, bonus.

later...

No comments: