Friday, May 29, 2009

argue, king, sick, true

I had an argument with my room-mate last evening.  It' s an old argument and not very interesting and though I usually get along with him pretty well - tempers flared last evening.  I ended up kicking the wall in anger - but strangely and instinctively carefully since I was wearing flip flops - and stormed off.  

I went to burger king to get some overdue dinner and calm down.   The service was slow - despite me being the only one in the restaurant  - but I got my food and headed home.   I read a book, ate my dinner, and tried to relax.    

Filled up, I sat on the couch and got ready to watch "True Blood" season 1 - vampires, naturally.  All of the sudden and from totally out of the blue, I felt like I was going to throw up.  I hurried to the bathroom, made it in time, and proceeded to violently and thoroughly hork up my meal.   

It was... substantial and went on for a while.    When I finally stopped, exhausted, my head was hurting from the tension in the muscles in my face.  My throat hurt and there were flecks of blood when I spit.

But it was over.   Like a thunderstorm - violent and sudden - then just as quickly stopped.

My room-mate felt bad - blaming himself for the argument and making me upset enough to hork.   I think it was a combination of things, but if he wants to take the blame - fine by me.

I fixed myself some green tea and watched the first episode of the series.   I'd read the books and enjoyed them - and the series opener was pretty good. 

I'm tired today and working on a headache.   I'd rather be home - or at least somewhere other than here.

Sign this entry - cranky, but enduring.   Eh, at least it's a swimming day - maybe I'll feel better after that.

later...

No comments: