Friday, June 12, 2009

chemical, guest

I got to the rec center at my regular time and as I entered the pool area and prepared to get in the water, I noticed that a guy was dumping a white power in the water at the end of the lap lanes. I asked the lifeguards if it was okay to swim and while they were unsure, they said it was probably okay.

So, I walked over to ladder and started to get in. The guy dumping the powder didn't react to my presence and he finished up before I was ready to start my laps. I did my laps with no ill reactions - and noted that at least a part of the powder didn't dissolve right away.

I'm still doing okay, no weird skin itches or anything. Still a little weird to be doing something to the pool water during regular hours.

The AA Founder's day is this weekend on campus. A few parking lots have been closed off and we've got a lot more people on campus than usual, but it hasn't really affected us much. I avoided the student union food court just in case there were long lines, but otherwise no biggie.

The afternoon is going slowly, but I'll be out of here soon enough. Looking forward to some sunshine this weekend.

later...

No comments: