Thursday, June 04, 2009

pants

My co-worker and I went to Chipotle for our weekly lunch event.   We met up with his cousin and sat at a table outside to enjoy the sunshine.  I was part way through my burrito when my co-worker spilled his drink.

I could see it racing across the table toward me and I had only a moment to act.  

Abandon the burrito and use the lag time that gave me to get out of the way 

or

Carefully set my burrito down in the tray, protecting it from the soda, and take whatever came at me.  

Well, there was really no question about which way that was going to go.   I carefully set my burrito down and moved away from the table - too late to avoid the onrush of soda that soaked my pants.   

But, the burrito was safe and that's all that mattered.   My co-worker felt bad, but my pants dried quickly in the sun.   And the burrito was awesome.

later...

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Your priorities are funny.

Anthony said...

Hey, pants are pants, but a Chipotle Burrito only comes once a week.