Thursday, June 11, 2009

spam, headache, swine

I got a spam message today - from someone I know. Occasionally I'll get a message from someone that has been accidentally tagged as spam (the message, not the person) and of course I get a ton of spam from strange addresses - but this time I recognised the name and address of the person - but the content of the message was spam. It was from someone that had invited me to use Linkedin - I wonder if their database got hacked?

I went home yesterday with a headache. Not a migraine, but bad enough that I took some motrin and went to bed for a bit. It stayed with me most of the rest of the evening - sort of coming and going as lighting conditions and noise levels changed. And it's back again this afternoon - though not as bad. Don't know if it's stress, a hold over from this cold I can't seem to kick, or the flourecents in the office here.

Just got an email from Mom about WHO upgrading H1N1 to a pandemic. I don't have the body aches or fatigue, but I do have the rest of the common symptoms. Great. Swine flu. Just like Link Hobthrob.

Still got 2 hours to go today. It's been pretty quiet here though that doesn't make the time go faster.

My room-mate and I are having my FRM's mom and grandmother over for an early dinner this evening (they don't like to drive late). Should be fun - they are both fiesty old ladies from the Bronx. Meaning: fun, but don't cross them or you'll get a facefull of mace.

Guess that's it for now. later...

No comments: