Tuesday, June 16, 2009

resolved, tea, mirror, planet, 48, call

I think my room-mate and I have mostly resolved things. I'm still slightly cranky over the way things went, but I'm getting over it. So, back to the news of the ordinary and slightly weird...

I've told stories of how my Dad makes iced tea - he adds water to a plastic jug, adds teabags and seals it up, then throws it in the hot tub for a bit. With this in mind, my room-mate decided to make some sun tea outside this past weekend. I didn't pay much attention to the process until he asked me how long it took. I told him to base it on the color - when it's dark, it's done. He said it was already dark and I realized I remembered him filling the teapot.

"Wait," I said, "Did you start with hot water?" He said he did.

"With sun tea, the sun heats the water so it brews. If you start with hot water and then put it in the sun, well, you're double brewing it,"

The tea, needless to say, was very strong. But, not too bad with a lot of sugar.

In other news... stayed up late watching Mirrors last night. Good flick, a little predictable and very gory. It was after midnight before I hit the sack - which made the morning that much more difficult. Also, I avoided looking in the mirror when I got ready for work.

I played a bunch of Little Big Planet yesterday - excellent game and a lot of fun. I think I may try a bit more of the level building feature this afternoon - or I may sell some of my PS2 games and pick up another one for the PS3.

I got my new blood donor card the other day - I'm up to 48 pints donated. That's 6 gallons lifetime. Not too bad. I think I'm eligible to give again in the first part of July.

Finally, I got a call at home last night. It was an akron number, but I didn't recognize it. I answered anyway and the girl asked for me by name. She said she was calling from The University of Akron Alumni office and asked if she could verify my address and if I wanted to provide an employer. I hesitated a moment, then told her, "The University of Akron". We both laughed a bit and she verified my uakron email address. Then she asked if I wanted to donate to the college of business and I politely declined and ended the call.

I guess that's it for now. It's a pretty quiet morning here again, but there's work to be done.

later...

No comments: