Sunday, June 14, 2009

trek, ps3, sun, trick

Went and saw Star Trek this weekend. Good flick, very intense - and while the plot was okay, I was a little disappointed in the direction they took. Eh, the explosions were nice. And I so have to get me some Red Matter.

I also went out and got myself a PS3. I've been holding out for a price drop, but since that wasn't happening, I gathered up my coupons and gift card and headed to best buy. The PS3 and one game ended up being around 480 dollars. With the coupons, best buy rewards, and giftcard - I got it down to $178. I think the clerk was annoyed at the gift cards, but it didn't bother me at all. I've been playing little big planet quite a bit and I really like it. I haven't gone online with it yet - mainly because people online are stupid.

I got a little sun today, sat outside and read for a bit. My room-mate came out and shared the funnies with me from the sunday paper - and they were actually pretty funny instead of the usual - "heh".

I was pretty warm and noticed his cup of lemon-aid. I asked if I could have a sip and he offered to get me my own glass. I said I just wanted sip and he handed it to me.

I took a sip and immediatly spit it out. It tasted horrible and I couldn't come up with enough spit to rinse my mouth. It looked and smelled like lemon-aid - but there was something else. I asked him what it was and he told me it was lemon-aid + vodka. And he laughed at my reaction.

Now, I don't drink. Haven't since college. Sort of drew a line in the sand on the whole thing. If other people want to drink around me, I'm generally okay with that provided they don't try to force it on me and don't get too messed up.

So, I put away my chair and took my book inside. I went to the cabinet and found the bottle of vodka and then poured it in the sink. Then, for good measure, I got a half-full bottle of wine out of the fridge and poured that out too. Both empty bottles went in the trash.

He apoligized - then sarcasticly thanked me for pouring out an expensive bottle of wine when he found the bottles later.

Was I being petty? Yep. Sure. Why not? Should have poured out more. Still might.

I think I need to do some cleaning or something. Need to create a little more order in my life. Maybe need to look at Apartments.com later as well. Yeah, it's that bad.

later...

No comments: