Thursday, April 30, 2009

HDMI

The other day, my room-mate and I tried to watch 1408 on DVD - but the DVD picture wasn't working.  The sound was okay though.   So, after a bit of testing, I determined it was the HDMI cable that was the problem.   Which ticked me off cause those things are expensive.   In the short term, I swapped the cable with that for the cable box - and we were in business.  

(I went and got a new HDMI cable the next day)

So, with picture restored and surround sound cranked, we fired up the DVD and I settled in to enjoy a pretty good interpretation of a really good Stephen King story.

And less than 10 minutes in, my room-mate fell asleep.    

Now, 1408 is the story of a man vs. a haunted hotel room.   And the room pretty much destroys itself trying to drive him crazy.   Fires, floods, monsters, screaming - pretty much the whole package.    

I tried to wake him a couple of times and finally just gave up and woke him when it was done.  

Not too surprising, really - he fell asleep in the theatre during James Bond.  

later...

No comments: