Friday, April 10, 2009

writing

My co-worker's brother - who also works on campus - was the designated driver to Chipotle yesterday.   On the way back, I saw some graffiti on the wall of a building near some train tracks.  We went past it too quickly for me to see what all was written there, but I saw enough to want to investigate.

So, after work, I drove over to a parking lot near that wall and located the text.  Here's what it said:

War is Peace
Freedom is Slavery
Ignorance is Strength
Orwell you were so right

Well, duh.   I was hoping for something more insightful than that.  If you're going to go to the trouble of defacing a building with an intellectual quote (instead of, say, "kilroy was here")  - then you should either leave it as it stands or add to it in the spirit of the original writer.     What is this?  Youtube?

Disappointing.

No comments: