Monday, November 24, 2008

thanksgiving, chipotle, cable

My room-mate is hosting thanksgiving for his family at the apartment this week and is stressing about in a major way. I've offered some suggestions - but I'm going to be out of town and he's pretty much on his own. Not that no one has offered to help - that's actually part of the problem since the kitchen is not that big. I wish him good luck - and I hope the place is still standing when I get back.

Due to the holiday schedule, my co-worker and I deviated from our regular Thursday schedule and went for Chipotle Burritos today. They were excellent, but not as massive as we've come to expect. I also skipped the swim today and I'll do that tomorrow instead.

On Saturday, I unhooked the cable box and headed down the road to the local cable tv office - with the intention of swapping out the box for an HD one. Except that they were closed. No weekend hours at all. In fact, they are only open from 9 Am to 4:30 Pm Monday through Friday. And closed everyday from 1-2 PM. Must be nice. Given the rest of... well, the rest of the country's work scheudule, this seems pretty well designed to avoid anything that would work for anyone else. Except me. I'm getting out of here a few minutes early and I'll be over there by 4:15 at the latest. Wish me luck.

That's it for now...

No comments: