Friday, November 21, 2008

swim, head update x2

I swam a mile today - though I was strangely disconnected from it. I always have a few things going on in my head when I swim because it doesn't take much brain power to count laps - but I was just a little... off today.

It carried over into my afternoon - and I suspect that listening to Sia Fuller's "Soon we'll be found" hasn't helped much. Maybe I need some more Bob the Builder to get me out of my funk - though yesterday I had that song lodged in my head for much of the evening.

Also, forgot to mention something about the haircut yesterday. The near "head-shaving" experience had the stylist rubbing her hands over my head to make sure she didn't miss any of the stray hairs. Which is good - that attention to detail is important. And then... then... well, my hair - despite the swimming and chlorine, is very soft. And she was almost... caressing my head. It was very subtle, but just slightly past the professional contact. Granted, the soft hair does make my head feel "plush" so I can understand the tactile attraction. But it was a little uncomfortable for me in a way.

Maybe I was reading too much into it, but it was still a little odd.

later...

No comments: