Friday, November 14, 2008

minor injury #3

While I was toweling myself off after my shower (after my swim) I noticed blood on my towel. Since it was fresh and I was alone in the locker room, I quickly concluded that it had to have come from me. I checked my minor injuries from yesterday and they were fine - still covered in band-aids. I check my arms and my torso and felt around on my back - nothing. It was when I was putting my underwear on that I realized that I had a gash on my left knee and blood was running down my leg.

Which is really odd since I don't remember injuring myself. It must have happened when I was getting out of the pool. It didn't hurt - at all - but it was bleeding pretty good.

And I'm wearing new pants today. Crap.

So, I got some paper towels and tried direct pressure. No luck / I didn't wait long enough. I improvised a bandaged with a long piece of paper towel , twisted and tied around my knee.

It worked great while I finished getting dressed - and then I felt it slide down to my ankle when I stepped outside. I reached down, tucked the bandage into my sock since it was too sturdy to tear, and went on my way.

When I got back to the office I cut the loose bandage off from around my ankle, and then doctored myself up with my stash of Hello Kitty bandages. Two for the knee, one for my thumb and the other for the side of my hand.

Why is this significant? Well, I don't injure myself very often. I'm just naturally careful. All three happened because I was in a hurry, so I guess I paid for my impatience.

Oh, and the Hello Kitty band-aids? Well, they make me feel better for some reason. I can't really explain it.

later...

No comments: