Friday, November 07, 2008

swim, paper

I got in 30 laps today - I think. I had a lot of difficulty keeping count for some reason.
So, call it 30 +/- 1.5

It's really warm in the building again today - I'm in short-sleeves and getting sleepy from the heat. The temp gauge in my co-workers cubicle reads in at 84.2 degrees. Annoying.

I picked up a copy of the student paper today - it has several stories on the home page about the election as I expected, but at the bottom of the front page it has an advertisement. The ad has an attractive young woman surrounded by rose petals and it's for a local plastic surgery center. It lists their website, their services, and a tag-line of "It's time to love yourself a little more,"

How screwed up is that? As if college girls don't have enough to deal with - now they have an ad on the front page of the school newspaper implying that they could love themselves more (and presumably other people would love them more too) - if only they got a little plastic surgery.

(sigh)

Well, at least the day is almost over. It's been a really long week and I'm tired. It's also entirely possible that the highlight of my weekend might be buying a new shower curtain - and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

later...

No comments: