Monday, December 01, 2008

drive, turkey, buffet, list

I left work at 4:00 last Tuesday and while it usually takes me 2 hours and 40 minutes to get to my parents house, it took me 4 hours because of a lane being closed for no reason. Not a good way to start a trip. The next day - Wednesday - my dad drove us to Illinois. That trip took 8 hours. My parents also took their dog - who ended up being very stinky much of the trip. Too much pork, I suspect.

We visited with my grandmother much of the extended weekend and had Thanksgiving at the my aunt and uncle's house. I ended up staying there a few nights since there wasn't room at grandma's house. Hung out with my sister and brother in law and several of my cousins. One of my cousins recently had a baby and determined that my sister and I now had the title of FCOR ("F-CORe" first cousin, once removed).

Turkey dinner was pretty good and for a change of pace, one evening we went out to Ming's Chinese Buffet. I ate way too much and I think a few of my relatives were impressed.

My parents headed back on Saturday - I waited and went back on Sunday with my sister and brother-in-law. 6.5 hours there, then chili at my parents house before I got in my car to head back to akron. 3 hours there since I took a longer route to avoid traffic.

Total time in a car = 21.5 hours. I really dreaded getting into my car this morning to drive to work.

So, I'm back to work. Looking forward to my swim today and thinking about my Christmas list while I try to get caught up.

That's about it for now. I'll write later about some more details.

No comments: