Tuesday, November 04, 2008

vote

I feel a little bad for people that had to stand in really long lines to vote - my experience was really easy today.

I left work at 3:30 and I was at the polling place in about 15 minutes. There were no problems with parking and there were signs directing people to the entrance.

I was in line for maybe a couple of minutes before I was able to get checked in - and the check-in took maybe two minutes.

I had my checklist so the voting process was easy. I tore off the stubs for the ballot and only waited a minute before I was able to feed them into the machine. I got my sticker and headed out - I was home by 4:00

There was a bit of drama in line behind me - one guy couldn't vote because the records said that an absentee ballot had been sent to his address. He claimed he had never requested one - but they had no way of knowing if he had sent it in or not. So, he had to cast a provisional ballot.

Otherwise, pretty uneventful.

later...

No comments: