Saturday, November 08, 2008

psychic, webcam, facebook, directions, toilet

My room-mate called East of Chicago for pizza this evening & got the total and the estimated time it would be ready. I waited until the appropriate time, then got in my car to go pick it up. There were no other cars in the lot and I could see in the window of the store. The clerk saw me as well and was setting two pizza boxes on the counter. I got a couple sodas from the cooler and approached the counter - and then was surprise when he gave the last name and when I nodded - gave the total, including the sodas that I had not yet even set down. I paid the obviously psychic pizza maker and went on my way.

Now, my arrival was exactly on the target time-wise; but they must have been really slow to have been waiting for me like that.

In other news... my webcam is apparently not Vista compatible. I even tried to find the drivers online - Vista mocked my attempts with some harsh error messages. Wankers. So, I guess I need to go out and get a new, Vista compatible, webcam tomorrow.

The reason I need a webcam? I wanted to take my own picture for Facebook. Yes, you read that right, I'm finally going to start maintaining my facebook page. Now I'll have the guilt of not maintaining two web sites. Yea. Still, a lot of my friends are on there and it might be a good way to get back in touch. I'm still not getting a cell phone and there's no way in hell that I'm going to start twittering.

In still more news... I gave directions to someone today. Now, those that know me know that this is not a good thing. I'm terrible with directions - I mean, really really bad. I'm okay if I've got a map, but otherwise, I can't really be trusted to find my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night. In this case, I was walking to my car in the target parking lot and got stopped by a guy in a truck. The truck was about 600 years old - and I think the guy was older by a factor of two. Both were on their last legs, but the guy wanted to know where the flea market was.

I didn't have a clue and told him so -but guessed if there was one in the area, it would be at the Tadmor Shrine. So, I gave him simple directions there. No idea if it was really there, but frankly that kind of lack of planning deserves a bit of being lost.

I was at target to buy a new toilet seat - which I then installed this afternoon. Never done that before, but it was really easy. I kept thinking I must have been missing a step - but since it works, I must have been on the right track.

Well, guess it's time to head on over to facebook and see what I can do there.

later...

No comments: