Friday, September 26, 2008

sneeze, state, batman

I went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner last night and had an excellent meal. The only downside, once again, was the sneeze shield over the salad bar. I'm 6 foot tall and my shoulders are fairly high off the ground as a result. The sneeze is set much lower than that to protect the food, which is fine, except that to reach the items in the back, I need to hunker down to almost comical levels. I got what I wanted, but it was more of an adventure than I needed. I'm not sure what the solution is though, a raised shield would let short people sneeze on the food. And that would not be good.

I've been thinking, for some reason, that the idea of state laws is a little comical. Given the proximity of states to each other and the relative homogeneity of Americans - or for that matter, human beings - having different sets of rules for people that might live only a few feet from each other seems really odd. There's nothing to be done about it - I mean, we've got people that are so state-centric that they would consider leaving the US, so me with my complete lack of state identity is likely to be ignored. But it still seems weird to me.

Finally, I picked up the Batman Lego game last night. It plays pretty much like the Star Wars and Indiana Jones versions, but it's pretty cool.

That's it for now... later...

No comments: