Monday, September 08, 2008

on campus, doctor's office, injury, registration

I noticed on campus today that there were people handing out bibles to passersby. I politely declined to the two people standing about 10 feet away from each other. A little further on my way, I was asked if I was registered to vote. No connection between the two groups, just a little interesting that they were both on campus at the same time. (separation of church and state?)

My doctor's office has been trying to get a hold of me - they've left a couple of messages. I called them today and they said it was about my high blood pressure medicine that my wife Robin called in about. When I expressed some confusion, they figured it must have been put in the wrong chart. It's a little ironic that I've been meaning to schedule an appointment to see my doctor about my migraines, but I didn't have my calendar available and I'll need to look at my schedule before I set something up.

While I was running some errands this afternoon, I noticed a guy next to his bike in a grassy area near the road. His bike was laying on it's side and he had his arm under his head - apparently enjoying the shade on a warm day and resting. I drove on past, thinking he had the right idea. When I came back through, the area was surrounded by ambulances - the sleeping guy had apparently been injured - maybe by a hit and run - and was now being cared for by the paramedics. I felt bad - I should have stopped. But at the same time, he looked like he was sleeping in the shade next to his bike - something I might have done in that same position.

Finally, I got a notice in the that I'd been randomly selected to provide my proof of insurance. Sort of like winning a contest. Except I don't get anything, it costs me a stamp, and if I don't do it, my registration is revoked.

that's it for now - later...

No comments: