Friday, September 26, 2008

500, flowers, lost

This is post #500. Which is somewhat amazing since I'm usually the quiet one without a lot to say. Apparently, I have a lot to write.

Today, while walking back from my swim, I saw a group of people working on one of the flower beds in the shape of the UA logo. They had tarps set up and were carefully working on the white flowers - spray painting them blue. UA blue - to be exact. This would be a nice contrast to the naturally occurring UA yellow flowers under the tarps. I'm hoping this was some environmentally friendly organic paint - but it didn't smell like it. It was like something out of a chuck Palahniuk novel.

I forgot to mention earlier that my room-mate bought a Garmin last night - with a little technical help from me. Ironically, it sent us the wrong direction of the first place we tried and it listed a Pizza Hut that closed a while ago. The rest of the directional requests went well and he has it talking in a crisp British accent. I think the next step will try to get it to speak Italian.

later...

No comments: