Monday, July 30, 2007

quick dream archive

In cleaning out my basement (still/again) I found a small archive of dreams that I had written down in a small spiral notebook. The notebook is musty and in poor shape - I've decided to jot down the impressions and toss the notebook.

07/22/94 - Tori Amos stops into the SuperAmerica where I work and buys $14.68 worth of gas. She pays in change, ones, and the gold backs of earrings. I get her autograph.

07/27/94 - My grandmother cuts my hair and uses static electricity to make it stick out and easier to cut.

07/30/94 - I'm at a hot dog stand at the Westland mall in Columbus, OH. I buy a shirt for a friend who's 10 foot tall, but the shirt is too small.

07/31/94 - Driving back to Ohio, the cell phone rings and Dad answers - but doesn't know the code for the area so the signal is mostly scrambled. I try to answer, but I can't hear and I'm mostly mute. Dad says it must be Blackford (?) Mom says, "Oh, he found the rat," The song "Mr. Jones" by the Counting Crows is playing.

08/14/94 - I'm at Ball state helping my sister move into her room. I meet up with fraternity brothers and party at the student center. I goto Miami, FL and Maria from Biomed does not remember me. I end up living in a haunted house at the end of a street where all the houses are miniatures.

08/15/94 - I'm at a SuperAmerica in a Kroger in the mall. My sister visits during my break. She applies for a part time job at Froxx communications which is somehow connected to Zima. I'm suddenly back in high school and I'm being initiated into the Order of the Peach - which is a far less blood-thirsty ritual than the Order of the Kiwi Strawberry.


08/16/94 - I check my work schedule and go in for 2 hours - then, for some reason I go home and call them to ask if I'd been there and should I have been? The manager says I wasn't and that I shouldn't have been - and that I must have been dreaming! I'm next playing poker at my grandparents house and I lose. My aunt stops over and asks if we want to play a drinking game.

Spring 1995 Day ? - At my grandparents house, all the kids climb a raspberry tree and knock the branches off. We gather the branches and sing - like a children's musical.

Spring 1995 Early April - I'm an agent guarding an African diplomat at the mall. 200 assassins come after him and using knives and a sword I kill them all with the help of another agent.


Yeah, I need help.

No comments: