Thursday, July 12, 2007

more zombies, swimming

I had another zombie nightmare last night. This time, I was in essentially a chain-link fence box. Three sides and the "roof" were chain-link, but the north side was open. I was inside with a man and a woman - who I didn't know - and outside, moving from east to west, were endless hordes of zombies. The man was standing near the entrance, but not too near. None of the zombies noticed him for some reason, so we were lucky. I was further back in the box, but trying to stay away from all the sides, just in case. The woman was near me - or rather, I was near her since she would shriek if given the opportunity. Granted, we were all pretty scared, but I couldn't seem to convince her that the screaming would just bring the zombies down on us. So, I had to stand next to her with my hand covering her mouth to keep her quiet while I tried to calm her down and/or get through to her. It was very dark in the dream and pretty much all we could see was the night sky and the zombies moving outside the fence. I remember thinking two things:

1. Why wasn't the man back there with us helping keep her quiet. It seemed like the two were connected somehow, but he was doing his best to ignore her.

2. How did I get in that box? Rule number 1 with zombie attacks - Don't let them back you into a corner. The best advantage is speed and dexterity - both of which are nullified if you get yourself trapped in a box with only one zombie blocked exit.

I woke up without any kind of resolution to the dream - and I'm not sure what it really means.

In other news... I swam 21 laps yesterday. Felt a little tired afterwards, but I think I could have done more if I'd had more time.

Lots of meetings and big projects today - better get back to it...

No comments: