Thursday, July 19, 2007

cheerleaders, game, futon, fuel

Yesterday, on the way back from my 22 lap swim, I noticed a group of cheerleaders walking across campus on their way to their cheerleading camp and it made me wonder...

Is there a collective term for a group of cheerleaders?

A herd of cattle, a murder of crows, a flock of seagulls... how about a "blitz of cheerleaders"?


I dunno, it just popped into my head. Anyway, the blitz of cheerleaders were walking not quite in formation and were practicing one of their cheers. And it sounded... a little militant. As though they could easily start marching while carrying rifles in one hand and batons in the other. I don't think I would want to go up against a blitz of battle-hardened cheerleaders - I suspect they would be well organized and have a very precise combat formation. Making them dangerous - and annoying.

In other news... I squared off against two giant centaurs last night in the Tomb Raider game - and got my ass handed to me. Repeatedly. To the point where today I'm going to try and look up some suggestions on the net. Still got a lot of the game to get through and I don't want this to stop me in my tracks.

Also last evening I went over to my room-mates co-worker's new house to assemble a futon she had bought from me that I don't need anymore. Her husband helped me - I had the bolts going the wrong direction at a critical part. I was making progress, but it would have been nearly impossible to take it back apart in the future. We made short work of it - then went to Arby's.

Finally, I stopped for fuel this morning and noticed that the "cheap" fuel button was nearly worn away, but it was in the opposite position as most gas stations I've seen. The sequence of buttons went from Highest to Lowest - instead of the usual reverse. Looks like they were trying to mess with people and get them to pick the "wrong" one. I usually look for the one most worn away, so I was in the clear. Still, with the virtually random changes in gas prices and sky-rocketing price gouging - maybe a little honest and good nature would be a nice change of pace.

That's it for now, back to work...

No comments: