Wednesday, July 18, 2007

fog, game, meetings, phone calls

It was a little foggy on the road this morning - and though a lot of people don't like that kind of weather, I'm delightfully creeped out by the way things are hidden and sort of fade into view.

Played a bit more of Tomb Raider anniversary last evening. I survived the sandslide, the pillars of fire, the gators, and now I'm facing a room full of moving pillars and spikes. Oh, and pretty much everytime I turn a new corner, there are two giant gorillas charging at me. You'd think I'd get used to it, but they still make me shriek like a little girl. Not Laura Croft though, she just stands there with her guns blazing and together we take them down. Kinda wishing I had a grenade launcher, but there you go.

Actually, a grenade launcher might come in handy in real life - though I'd imagine it would be tricky to get ammo.

Had a meeting yesterday - it didn't really go as well as I would have hoped. Not well focused and I had a hard time asking my questions since I don't like to interupt people. So, it ended early and I'm still a little in the dark. It's not a big deal - I was mostly looking for confirmation of a particular process, but it still would have been nice.

I've got three meetings today - it will be a challenge to get some real work done. I'm going to try and get my laps in as well - but I don't know if I'll have time. I suspect lunch will be a shortened time today. We'll see how it goes.

Talked to my Dad and my sister last evening - had a good conversation with both of them. I need to do that more often, but it seems a little silly to call them if there's not much new going on in my life. Got to save up my stories, I guess.

Well, that's it for now - time to get back to work...

No comments: