Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A trip to the mall

Well, I did it. I went to the mall again. There were some "items" that I didn't get enough of - and I had to go back for more. I headed out right after work - hoping my slightly early exit strategy would shield me from the masses. It only partly worked.

I went to JC Penny's and rightly surmised my "items" would be on the second floor. But if there was a pattern or an organizational scheme in place for the stuff there, I couldn't find it. And as a result I had a difficult time finding my items. Once I did - I had to stand in line. That part went better than I expected, despite someone trying to place a catalog order. Hello? Isn't that why you have a phone? Or the Internet?

Anyway, got through the line and headed to my car. And then things went horribly wrong. Every route I tried was backed up. And I'm reasonably familer with my area, so I know a lot of routes. After several attempts at a better route, I finally got myself on a straight shot and waited things out. I was lucky that I got gas beforehand - that's all I'm saying.

Got home, got the incomplete present unwrapped and re-wrapped - then watched "the ring: two" again and played video games.

Also, one of my colleagues sent me a gift bag with Coca-cola, Doritos, and chocolate as a thank-you for helping her out with a variety of projects over the year. I gorged myself - it was excellent.

That's it for now - time to get back to work...

No comments: