Monday, December 19, 2005

in the news, and a strange headache

In the news today we've got:

The NSA spying on America
The president apoligizing for the war
and the House voting to cut health and social programs.

Of those three, the apology upsets me the most. Mainly because it's so empty. Do we really believe that he's sorry? Do we really believe he's taking responsiblity?

Nope. And the thing that really gets me is that he's still not doing anything to end the war and bring our troups home - troups that shouldn't have ever been deployed there.

I think that someone saying "I'm sorry," by itself, isn't saying much. People should follow an apology with an attempt to make things right. Repair what's broken. He's still doing the same things and making the same mistakes.

Along those lines, I saw a T-Shirt with a big "W" on it - the label was "Worst Ever"


In other news...my school has a new slogan that actually makes me vaguely interested in the sports teams. "Fear the Roo". :)

In still other news... I had what I think was a cluster headache over the weekend that I mostly slept through. Woke up in the middle of the night having to pee and with a headache. Took care of what needed to be taken care of - then went back to sleep somehow. I woke up with a bit of a headache and that soon faded out to the sharp stabbing pain that only manifests when I cough. And today, that's nearly gone too. I guess if I'm going to keep having these, at least I slept through this one.

That's it for now - time to get back to work...

No comments: