Saturday, December 10, 2005

the heat is on

The call to the landlord was successful - by the time I got home, the heat was back on and my apartment was toasty. Well, not toasty since I don't keep it that warm in there, but still nice.

Christmas shopping is proceeding on pace - I've got my list of people to buy for and I think I'll be able to knock it out this afternoon with a trip to a couple of stores.

Had a moment of swearing on the drive to work this week - a small section of road closed for no apparent reason. It's not the first time this has happened on this stretch of road - nor is it the first time that I've gotten in the turning lane and then been trapped by other traffic when I didn't seen the poorly positioned signs. As I've mentioned before, I'm a Point A to Point B kinda guy - and I had to loop around past Point E to get to work. Annoying.

Let's see...what else is going on? Well, we met the new VP on Friday - seems pretty cool. From his resume, he's got a "rep" of sorts about downsizing companies - but from the brief talking to him, it sounds like he's got some good plans and that he's got the same kind of concerns for our processes that we have. So, should be cool.

I guess it's time to start my deep breathing and non-stress shopping mantras. I'm...well, let's just say I'm not good with crowds. I had joked about wearing a protective cup and carrying a sword, but I think instead I'm just going to play it cool. As the Jets would say:

"Just play it cool, boy. Real cool"

And on the disturbing note of me quoting West Side Story - I'm outta here...

No comments: