Tuesday, December 06, 2005

a trip to the gas station

I had to stop for gas last night after work - and I passed up a couple of stations on the way so that I could go to the one I usually go to. Which was cool since the "regular" station had cheaper gas than the others in the area. Of course, everyone else knew that and it was chaos to get in there and get to the pumps. I got in line and I'm sitting there waiting. I don't really want to move since there are so many cars going a lot of differnt directions and I didn't want to add to the confusion. Since the woman in front of me has gone inside to pay for her gas - and apparently rewallpaper the building since it took her so long, I decided to pull around her to the only open spot in the place. Though, this will entail me going in reverse which I don't like doing.

I finally get into place, get out of my car and go to fill up my tank...

...And I realize that the gas tank is on the other side of my car. Embarassed, annoyed, cranky and irate at myself - I get back in my car and leave the station. I go down the road to a nearly empty station (with slightly higher prices) and get $15.00 worth of slightly more expensive gas.

Now, I've owned my car for several years now and I don't think I've even done that before. I'm going to blame it on the frustruation of the crowd, but it could just be that I'm slightly stupid.

And on that note...back to work...

No comments: