Thursday, December 08, 2005

cold in the apartment

I usually keep my apartment a little cool in the winter - but it was downright cold yesterday when I got home from work. I turned up the heat and went about my business - but eventually noticed that it was still pretty cold. I checked the vents - no heat, no air movement. Not good.

I had company over last evening and we checked the furnace. If the pilot light was where we thought it was - it was out. All of our attempts to get the furnace going met with failure - but fortuantly I live in an apartment and it's not always my problem. I bundled up for the night and just made a call to the landlord - and left a message.

Fingers crossed that they can get over there today and get things resolved. I've got a back-up plan (I always have a backup plan) - but it's still troublesome.

So, I'm at work and at least it's warm here - better...

wait...

Yes, it's for real. One of my co-workers (and I use the term "work" loosely) - was just now snoring in his cubicle. Loud enough that I could hear it over my headphones.

His phone started ringing as I approached his cubicle and that woke him up.

That's just...you know...wrong.

And now it's time to get back to work for me...

No comments: