Friday, October 26, 2007

pool + TV

Went for my swim today and noted a few things they have done as improvements to the pool area.

1. Retiled/painted one of the walls near the locker room. The chemical stench was astonishing.
2. Replaced the main entrance doors - the new ones have bigger windows that let someone see the current pool lane configuration, which is handy.

3. They installed a big screen tv (like one panel of a jumbotron).

I'm guessing this is for swim meets - but I can't figure why they would have it on during a regular day. There are two groups of people in the pool area when I swim.

a) those in the pool - generally preoccupied with swimming and/or not drowning
b) Lifeguards, who generally should be watching group A

Seems like a waste to me and potentially dangerous, but I don't recall getting a survey about this so I suspect my opinion on things is not exactly welcome.

later...

No comments: