Monday, October 29, 2007

party, portal, suit, grandma, trips

Went to a halloween party on Friday - had a lot of fun. My costume was more "party friendly" than last year, but it was still a bit awkward to move around in. There were some really great costumes there and a few store bought ones as well. My room-mate won a prize for his "mrs. doubtfire" costume and I won one as well for mine. I also scared the crap out of one of the kids that was there - which I felt bad about publicly, but was secretly pleased about.

Tried to play Portal over the weekend, but the servers were always down. Took me two days to download the content of the game, but you can't play it unless you are connected. It bites. I'm going to try again today if it fails, I'm going to fire off an angry email.

Got a new swim suit over the weekend as well - ordered it from SwimOutlet. It's a speedo variant - square cut with extra material for more drag in the water. Feels "more official" - if I'm serious about swimming, I should have the gear for it. The goggles I got are called "vanquisher" - so, I've got that going for me as well.

Talked to my grandmother yesterday - she's recovering from back surgery. She seemed to be in pretty good spirits and we had a good conversation. She's still hurting, but on the slow mend.

I'm going to visit my folks and my sister and brother-in-law this coming weekend for my mom's birthday - then not long after that my sister and brother-in-law will coming up my way and will stay overnight at my place. So, should be fun. I can show them all the sites of Akron - and then after we've spent 10 minutes with that, we can find something fun to do.

Well, that's it for now. I'll have photos after Wednesday when I do my walk-around.

later...

No comments: