Thursday, October 04, 2007

dream of toilets and dorm rooms

Last night - or rather earlier this morning - I dreamed that I was back in college, sharing a gigantic dorm room with a former co-worker. The room was so big, we had two toilets - except one wasn't hooked up and functioned more has a heavy ceramic bedpan. My room-mate had filled it with water and then used it - and then left it behind when he left the room. I was about to dump it into the other toilet when a neighbor walked in and poured the contents of the toilet on the floor. I grabbed him by the front of his shirt and - displaying more violence than I actually get to do in real life - I shoved him out the door while swearing profusely.

In the seconds it took to get him outside the dorm room, two things happened. One, he managed to tear my shirt and scratch me - resulting me being literally covered in my own blood from an injury I couldn't even feel. And two, the police showed up along with the hall manager who then prompted arrested the toilet spiller and from their tone - sent him straight away to a gas chamber somewhere.

As a result - I'm suddenly a hero with a bloody shirt and my stupid former co-worker room-mate and I get a room upgrade. A crowd of well-wishers were called in to move all our stuff to an even bigger room with windows and two working toilets. Apparently, the room had been set up as a reality show, but it was decided that it would be a poor idea to actually turn them on. Or so we were told. The hall manger presented me with a new shirt, filled out all the room-change paper work and bought my books for the semester - and sent for a doctor to take care of that nasty scratch that was finally pointed out to me.

All in all - a good dream, I guess, other than the odd focus on toilets.

that's it for now... later....

No comments: