Friday, October 26, 2007

crazy, lights, costume, washer/dryer, TGI Fridays

Those bluetooth cellphone ear pieces annoy me. It used to be that you could tell which people were crazy by the way they walked around talking to themselves in public. Now, you have to be at the correct angle to see this thing in their ear and make a determination. Doesn't seem fair. I think they should wear some kind of sign or t-shirt. "I'm not crazy, I'm on the phone"


They physical plant sent a crew over to begin replacing the lights in our cube farm. They gotten the ones above my desk (leaving little snippets of wire all over the place) and now the lights are exceptionally bright and - for some reason - slightly pink. I'm not a fan of bright lights, as I may have already mentioned. It's like I'm being interrogated back here or something. I'm really hoping this are super high efficiency bulbs or something, or I'm going to be very cross. And I'm thinking about rigging up some kind of filter or something.

Had a minor technical difficult with my costume last night, but got it resolved. It's now sturdier than it had been - so, that's good. I'm going to a costume party tonight - should be fun. My costume is more "party friendly" than last year. :)

The washer and dryer that my former room-mate and I bought at the old apartment are on their last legs, so my new room-mate and I went to Lowe's last night to get a new set.

(FYI - the old dryer has a broken start button that I had to replace with a make-shift switch and no longer stops the heat, rotation, or - most annoyingly - the buzzer when the timer expires. The washer is pitted on the inside and tends to unbalance frequently)

After a great deal of discussion and consultation with the store clerks, we decided on the high-efficiency washer dry combo. Pricey, but using less water and energy seemed like the responsible thing to do. Then there was an issue of in stock vs. floor model. It took the clerk a long time to find one at another store and then arrange for delivery. Annoyed me a bit - there's a point where "just-in-time" starts to impact the customer and that's where we were. The last step was to pay for the set and we did that at the register up front. I also bought a push room - mostly for the irony of the purchases. We'll end up with some gift cards and rebates out of the deal, but it was still a lot of money.

So, with that set, we headed over to TGI Friday's for some serious gorging. I got a turkey burger, fries, fried green beans, and some kind of chocolate dessert. The staff had to roll me out of there.

That's pretty much it for now... back to work... later.

No comments: