Wednesday, October 17, 2007

40 laps, a bit of humor

Since I'm working late this evening (got a late meeting) - I decided to swim a bit longer at lunch today to balance it out. I had a massive leg cramp at lap 26 - had to stop and work it out. Once I got going again, I cruised right to lap 30 - then decided to go ahead and do a mile (36 laps) - and I was still feeling pretty good so I did 4 more laps - taking me up to a new personal record of 40 laps. I think I could have done 5 more, giving me a mile and 1/4, but I had a meeting that meant I was running out of time.

So, I'm very tired, but doing ok otherwise. Also, the lifeguard blew his whistle early on and we all stopped and looked at him. He said, 'You're okay, I was just kidding'

Ummm... boy who cried wolf?

Anyway, this afternoon I got an email from a user saying:

"I have heard from several people that you are quite helpful and knowledgeable."

to which I replied:

"Helpful and knowledgeable? Yes, but not at the same time. "

:)

So, that's it for now - gotta run. later...

No comments: