Friday, September 09, 2005

psychonauts

Picked up a new game recently called Psychonauts for the Playstation 2. The main character is a kid named Raz who's at a Psychic Summer camp to learn psychic powers and earn merit badges. The game play is pretty good - though alternately too easy and too difficult. The best parts are the levels when he has to go into someone's mind. He has to track down luggage (emotional baggage) and figments of imagination, do battle with mental censors, and explore terrain ranging from Lungfishoplois to a surreal Milkman conspiracy.

Raz learns levitation, pyrokinesis, and a psi-blast - and he uses little clumps of anger for ammo.

All in all, a fun and slightly addictive game. And strangely enough, it hasn't resulted in any really weird dreams.

It's been a busy week and the weekend should be fairly busy too. Lots of driving to do. I think, if I've got time on Sunday, that I'm going to get some lumber and do a little building. I've been thinking about making a headboard for my bed and I'm running out of good weather to work on it outside.

Got a meeting coming up in a few, so I'd best get back to work...

No comments: