Wednesday, September 14, 2005

headboard and a weird dream

I worked on the headboard yesterday when I got home and got all the pieces put together. Things went pretty smoothly, though I've got one screw that my drill kept slipping in that I'll never be able to get out. Otherwise, it went just as I had hoped and I was able to attach it to my bedframe yesterday without any problems. I'll still need to take it down and do some sanding and staining, but it was a very productive afternoon. I think the project costs on this one are about $38 so far. The stain won't be too much more, so all in all it's been very cost effective compared to buying one in a store.

So, is there a footboard in my future? Not likely. The attachment point for the foot of the bed is a hook-like shape and that would take some construction beyond my ability. Plus, I tend to flail around quite a bit when I sleep and smacking into a foot board wouldn't be fun.

I had a dream last night that I was pregnant on the beach and went into labor - which apparently was a snap. I was instructed to cut the cord myself - which seemed a little much to ask of me after that ordel - but I did it anyway. Not a lot of detail in this dream, but even this little bit was weird enough to note - though it's not the first time I've dreamed about being pregnant.

Tonight's projects involve a trip to the comic store (it is wednesday after all), a trip to home depot for paint and stain, and maybe the grocery store if I have time. I want to try and do a little more stained glass before I return the soldering gun.

Well, that's it for now, time to get back to work...

No comments: