Tuesday, September 20, 2005

car saga continued

Directions gathered, route planned and I'm off to see the dealer - dealership, that is. Or more accurately, drop my ailing car off at the service department. To my surprise, they are still open and not that busy. I give the guy my keys and he pulls my car in and we proceed to "Fill Out The Paperwork" - a ritual that I really dread. He tries to make some small talk and I politely respond - but really I had planned on dropping the keys in a slot with a note and going to dinner, so he's on borrowed time as it is. Nice enough guy - right up until the point where he says its going to be $100 just to run a diagnostic on my car.

Wanker.

Well, good luck, buddy. 'Cause Monroe couldn't even get the socket to work to make a connection. You're going to have to earn that $100.

And if they can't figure out what it is...well, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Then I'll set fire to the bridge and storm the castle. And then I'll go get my swords.

Oh, and they are also going to cover a couple of recall issues that I've been neglecting. Well, one I've been neglecting since it didn't refer to "a screaming fireball of painful death and massive destruction" - which is my criteria for having someone waste my time while pretending to do me a favor. The other notice I hadn't heard about yet.

They aren't going to charge me for those, fortunatly.

It was a busy day yesterday and today looks to be about the same. I hope I don't get stuck here late again as I've got stuff to do this evening.

That's it for me - back to work...

No comments: