Tuesday, July 05, 2005

vacation blog part 1

It's been a bit since I've blogged - I've been out of town on vacation. I'm back to work now and trying to get caught up, so I'm going to break down my vacation report into several days.

We headed out the Friday before last - driving south toward Myrtle Beach. The car was having some overheating issues, so for a good part of the trip we drove with windows down and heat turned on. I don't really mind the heat so I wasn't too bothered by it, but the hot air did tend to dry my contacts out.

Over the course of the drive we passed though:

Virginia's Technology Corridor - which appeared to be mostly trees.

Bland, NC - where we stopped to have to some white rice, plain backed potatoes, dry toast and water without ice. Just kidding - we didn't stop there.

Polymer Alliance Zone (WV). Not sure what that means, but I felt good about it since I work in Akron - Aka Polymer City.

We arrived at our waypoint for the trip a few hours later and stopped for the night. We were awakened at 12:30 that night with a loud pounding on the door, but when we finally answered it, no one was there. We're still puzzled about that one.

It was raining when we got to the condo the next day and it would rain on and off for much of the week. Saturday was for grocery shopping and settling in.

Sunday, the weather broke and we headed for the beach. I dutifully put on sun block, but apparently the ocean washed it off much sooner than I anticipated. The results of this situation were soon to become painfully obvious.

Next time - the beginning of the blisters.

Back to work...

No comments: